Friday 22 February 2008

Office Mealy Redpoll






The niger seed feeder stuck up outside my new office at The Lodge was an immediate hit. Within a few days of it going up we had Siskins on it. A day or two after that we had the real stars - Redpolls. I've now got around five different Lesser Redpolls visiting the feeder regularly, including a couple of wonderful pink-flushed males. However I was a bit surprised one day when I glanced up and saw this Redpoll sat on the feeder!

Little did I know that as soon as I told people it was there, people from all over would start to 'pop in' and say "hello....oh and is the Mealy around today?" Yes, my new niger feeder was instantly famous! I don't mind though, and it's great to get people interested by all the fuss, then enthuse about the excellent views of the Redpolls from my office window, non-birders especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails